Worried of London...and Reading!

I truly love reading the intellectual exchanges on Damian’s posts. I often learn something or at least find myself needing to go read up on a subject, however superficially ie Wikipedia, just to keep up. I regard myself as nothing more than average intelligence, I am in awe of intellectuals and look to them to provide leadership and guide us all to safety.

Many things seem to worry me about the world today, from outbreaks of diseases, not just Ebola, but many others. It worries me when I listen to other intellectual friends in ‘big pharma’ shaking their collective heads about their arsenals increasing…but depleting at a faster rate.

I worry when governments point at something/somebody and say ‘look, that’s evil, we must fight it because it threatens our way of life!’ and whilst we look they re-enact modern re-workings of an Orwellian plot because it is patriotic to give up our freedoms to fight evil…which begs the question (for me) well what is it we are supposed to be fighting for then!

I worry that Rochester was not a side show with a low turnout and I worry that that the demographics point to the seat being…rather typical in its electoral make up! I worry that the main parties are more similar than dissimilar and I find it hard to listen to politicians because I already know what they are going to shout at me. And most of our journalists seem to have been fed red meat before every interview, acting more like a Rottweiler than an interviewer.  

I believe Ukraine is such a pointless country for us to go to war for! But I am certain that Putin’s Russia will not let this go without a serious confrontation. I believe the principles of the EU are good, but that politicians and bureaucrats spoil it. The EU needs Ukraine like it needs Farage deciding who governs the UK in 2015.

Putin surely finds it hilarious that the EU should wish to bail out this failed country with a worryingly large (extreme) nationalist contingent! But Putin, in my opinion cares little about the EU bailing out Ukraine with money Europe does not have, Putin detests the USA interest in Russian borders and it is NATO, not the EU that he is sending tanks into Ukraine to stop. And so I worry also about the USA who appear still to conduct their war planning around defeating Russia… on European soil!

Recently I was shocked/saddened in hearing two friends, average middle class, average intelligence people, saying the same thing, that they would rather be ruled by Putin than have to suffer being under Merkels boot! One in Slovenia…but one in Italy! And then a similar middling German telling me the UK is lucky to have Farage and that the UK will be better off out of the EU and that the German people are tired of bailing out Southern/Eastern Europe and then being blamed for everything, disliked and asked for more!

I have friends in France who are not right wing extremists who see Marine Le Pen as being the woman who will save France and friends in Spain who are finding the unemployment situation frightening.


So…I feel kinda worried… in case you didn’t notice… and that’s without even touching on the irrational state of worldwide stock exchanges against actual value based on accurate forecasts! But what I find most surreal is…life seems to go on without anybody seemingly noticing…and maybe that’s the right way to live. I just thought I would share… 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Terminal!

Does a trite saying ever answer a question, any question!

Economic Collapse II - Revenge of the Dark Overlord!