Deep thought...ish... maybe... ok not!


Some random thoughts...

I was thinking, imagine if you thought about the person you know best in all the world, maybe a member of your family or a friend or, somewhat unlikely, a complete random stranger, although I guess if you have been studying a particular person in order to write a biography on them then perhaps you might really know that individual best! Maybe. But regardless, if you thought about that person whoever it might be. And you thought about everything you know about them, about every recollection, and you spend hours and hours just thinking about all the things you know about them. The good, the bad, the laughs, the tears, where they have been, what the have done, what they have been through. It's just. Well, there would be a lot, there would be a lifetime of memories all sifted through.

And why was I thinking this complete randomness. Well, because every time I hear an empty statistic like, 5 people killed in a shooting, two people dead in a car crash, 81 dead after a car bomb etc etc etc. I get to thinking that every one of those individual that are stated in the cold empty statistic had a life and that life was probably full of all those things that one might think about when thinking deeply about the person we know best in all the world. And then it means a little bit more. Maybe.

Of course, it does not necessarily pay to think too much about all these things. It would become unbearable to think deeply about every single life that was lost, after all, there are tens or hundreds of thousands deaths every day... maybe millions, I forget the figures! And maybe that's the point. Is there a point! But I guess we should acknowledge all those bold, cold, meaningless empty statistics for what they are, sad, but not relevant.

What is relevant are those people that we can think deeply about and those people that we can think deeply about, we should share the fact that we think deeply about them. Assuming of course that you are not just some sort of stalker and the person you think deeply about doesn't really know you exist and the fact you know who they called over the past month is just a reflection of the fact you found their last mobile call list ripped into pieces in the bin along with the sardines can and the cat food pouches after you got there at 4am one morning ahead of the refuse collection and emptied the contents of a wheelie bin into the back of your Ford Mondeo! If that's how you know the person you know best in all the world... maybe seek some help!

What else is on my mind...

I can't work out how the sharply dressed Indian man managed to get out of his car and appear on the path the other side of the car before he started taking to me and telling me about a rule in the house that I appeared to be staying in. Then again it was the final fragment of a dream that was quite puzzling, not least as it seemed to be set in the eighties!

Also, why do I get wound up about things that have not happened? It is a strange sensation and one that I have been afflicted with most of my life. Maybe all of my life. I don't know, but sometimes... not all the time, I have this imagination that seems to make an odd supposition based loosely upon a piece of knowledge that, in itself, might not be true or not!

For instance. And making something up rather than an actual example, albeit that an 'actual' example is by its nature made up anyway following on from what I just wrote. But, say a woman down the road had said something unfriendly towards me. Then a van appears outside the woman's house and it is blocking my way out. But... I don't actually want to go out. And, when I do want to go out the van will probably be gone anyway. Apart from which, the 'unfriendly' words might have been misinterpreted, they might have been meant but because of an issue she was experiencing, so only temporary. And, if I did want to out then perhaps the van driver would courteously move out the way, they generally do. But no, instead there are times when the basic facts conspire to cause me to be annoyed and for nooooo good reason at all. I find this odd. I also find *this* cathartic! Because if I write this down, this madness, then at least I can read it back and see it for the madness that it undoubtedly is!

Hmm, best I go do something more meaningful... oh wait... what's that van doing there!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Terminal!

Does a trite saying ever answer a question, any question!

Economic Collapse II - Revenge of the Dark Overlord!